Grandma's Yeast Dough
|Active dry yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (2 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105° To 115°)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|All purpose flour||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl dissolve the yeast in the warm water; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine milk, butter or margarine, sugar, and salt. Heat and stir just till warm (120° to 130°) and butter almost melts.
3. In a large bowl combine yeast mixture, warmed milk mixture, and eggs. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the flour as you can.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface of the dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place till double in size (about 1 1/2 hours).
5. Punch dough down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Cover; let rest 10 minutes. Use one portion of the dough to prepare Golden Dinner Rolls, and use the remaining portion to make Apple-Date Coffee Cake.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5214 Calories from Fat 1077
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g188.5%
Saturated Fat 68.8 g344.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 698.8 mg232.9%
Sodium 4195.4 mg174.8%
Total Carbohydrates 886 g295.3%
Dietary Fiber 29.4 g117.5%
Sugars 121.3 g
Protein 132 g264.1%
Vitamin A 72.9% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 62.7% Iron 279.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet