Short Crust White Or Whole Wheat Dough
|Plain white flour||8 Ounce, 225 gram (Whole Wheat Flour/Combination)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Hard margarine||2 Ounce (50 Gram, Add 25 Gram / 1 Ounce For Whole Wheat Pastry)|
|Lard/Hard vegetable fat||2 Ounce|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon (Use A Measure, 3 For Whole Wheat)|
1. In a large mixing bowl, sieve the flour along with salt.
2. Cut the margarine and lard into small cubes and add to the flour.
3. Using your fingertips, rub the flour and fat until all the fat has been mixed with the flour. The mixture will have a sandy texture like breadcrumbs.
4. Add cold water to the crumbled mixture and use a pallet knife or a spatula to bring the mixture together to resemble a cookie dough.
5. Transfer the dough to a clean work surface and knead very lightly to bind the mixture.
6. Cover the shortcrust dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.
7. Use the dough to make tart shells, line a pie dish or to make cookies.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1741 Calories from Fat 934
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160.6%
Saturated Fat 30.6 g153.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.9 mg18%
Sodium 603 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 173 g57.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 24 g47.1%
Vitamin A 40.6% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 58.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet