|Lukewarm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fat||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), sifted|
1. Dissolve the teaspoon sugar into the lukewarm water and sprinkle the yeast into this.
2. Let stand 10 minutes. Then stir briskly with a fork.
3. Scald together ingredients listed under B. Then pour these into a bowl and cool to lukewarm.
4. Add yeast mixture and well beaten egg to B mixture.
5. Beat in 1 cup sifted all purpose flour.
6. Thoroughly blend in 2 1/2 cups sifted flour.
7. Brush with soft shortening. Cover bowl tightly with aluminum foil, place a damp cloth over this and tie in place.
8. Place dough in refrigerator. It may be stored for a week, but can be used anytime.
9. When you wish to bake, remove from refrigerator and knead for 5 minutes on lightly floured board.
10. Shape into desired type of rolls.
11. Cover and let rise 1 1/2 hours or until double in bulk. Bake at 375°.