Never Fail Divinity
|White sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Food coloring||3 Drop|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. With mixer beat egg whites in a bowl until stiff and set aside.
2. In 4-cup glass measure combine sugar, water and corn syrup and microwave at high for 7-9 minutes to 236°F. (soft ball), stirring once or twice.
3. Remove 1/3 cup of this syrup and add slowly to egg whites, beating continuously at medium speed.
4. Continue cooking the remaining syrup (high) 3-5 minutes to 264 °F. (soft crack), stirring once or twice.
5. Slowly add to egg whites, beating at medium speed.
6. When all syrup is added, continue beating 12-15 minutes, until it turns dull.
7. Remove beaters and fold in food coloring (optl.) and nuts.
8. Spoon onto wax paper and let it to set.
9. When set, store in covered container and serve as snacks.
Calories 593 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 43.6 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 103.7 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.54%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet