Divinity Nut Puffs
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green food color||3 Drop|
|Blanched almonds||5 Ounce (24 In Number, 1 Can)|
|Pistachio nuts||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or with foil.
2) In a medium saucepan, place together sugar, corn syrup, and water.
3) Cook, stirring several times, until the mixture boils.
4) Raise the heat and cook without stirring, until the temperature reaches 240°F on a candy thermometer or until teaspoonful of syrup forms a soft ball and flattens slightly when dropped in cold water.
5) In a mixer bowl, beat the egg whites until firm peaks, with an electric mixer.
6) While still beating, gently stream in 1/3 of the syrup over egg whites to form a meringue.
7) Heat the remaining syrup over high heat to 265°F on candy thermometer or until teaspoonful of syrup forms a hard ball when dropped in cold water.
8) While still beating, gently stream in the syrup over the meringue and continue beating until mixture is firm and hols its shape.
9) Split the meringue into two bowls.
10) Mix in the lemon extract into one bowl and almond extract and several drops green food coloring into second bowl.
11) Fill the mixture by teaspoonful-€™s into small mounds onto a cookie sheets.
12) Sprinkle each white mound with an almond and each green mound with pistachio nuts.
13) Leave the candies aside to stand until firm and serve as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3067 Calories from Fat 720
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g132.3%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 249.8 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 570 g190%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.3%
Sugars 456.3 g
Protein 44 g87.4%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 36.8% Iron 37.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet