|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Strawberry gelatin||3 Ounce|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), flaked|
1) In a bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water.
2) Allow to boil, while stirring constantly.
3) Lower the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, to a hastrard-ball stage.
4) In a bowl, add the egg whites and beat till fluffy.
5) Slowly add in the gelatin, beating till firm peaks.
6) Slowly pour in the hot syrup slowly into the egg whites, beating constantly.
7) Beat till the candy loses gloss and holds its shape.
8) Fold in the nuts and coconut.
9) Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
11) Serve as a snack.