|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , unbeaten|
|Strawberry flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 package)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), flaked or shredded|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), flaked or shredded|
1. Grease a pan.
2. In a saucepan, mix sugar, corn syrup and water.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continually.
4. Reduce the flame and and continue haeting the mixture, stirring occasionally. Cook until the mixture reaches the hard ball stage.
5. Beat egg whites until fluffy followed by the addition of gelatin, beating until mixture forms peaks.
6. Pour some hot syrup in a thin stream into the beaten whites, stirring constantly.
7. Beat until the candy loses gloss and holds shape.
8. Fold in coconut and nuts.
9. Pour into a greased pan and allow it to set in the refrigerator.
10. Cut into pieces once set.
11. Arrange the pieces in a serving dish and serve.