Brazil Nut Divinity
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brazil nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) In a saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt.
2) Stir till boiling.
3) Allow to cook to a hard-ball stage.
4) In an electric mixer, add in the egg whites and beat at a high speed till soft peaks.
5) Slowly add in the hot syrup into the egg whites, beating till the candy loses gloss.
6) Add in the nuts and vanilla.
7) Beat by hand, till the candy holds shape.
8) Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a waxed paper.
10) Serve as a snack.