|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Hot water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red fruit gelatin||3 Tablespoon|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Grease a platter.
2) Grease the side of a heavy pan.
3) Add together the sugar, syrup, hot water, and salt.
4) Stir till it boils.
5) Cook, without stirring, to a hard-ball stage.
6) In a bowl, add the egg whites and beat to soft peaks.
7) Add in the gelatin, beating till stiff peaks are formed.
8) Slowly add the hot syrup into the egg whites, beating constantly.
9) Beat till the candy begins to hold shape.
10) Add in the vanilla and coconut.
11) Mix well and spoon into mounds on the platter.
13) Serve as a sweet snack.