|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, hot water and salt.
2) Allow to boil, while stirring constantly.
3) Cook, without stirring, to a hard-ball stage.
4) Wrap a fork in damp cloth and use to wipe crystal deppsits from the side of the pan.
5) Take off from the heat.
6) In a bowl, beat the egg whites till stiff.
7) Slowly add hot syrup over the egg whites, beating constantly.
8) Add in the vanilla and beat till the candy forms soft peaks and begins to lose gloss.
9) Add in the nuts.
10) Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a waxed paper.
11) Serve as a snack.