Creamy Date Divinity
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Grease a pan.
2) In a saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and corn syrup.
3) Allow to boil.
4) Continue to cook to a hard-ball stage.
5) In a bowl, add the egg whites and beat till soft peaks.
6) Gradually pour in half the hot syrup to the egg whites, while beating continuously.
7) Return the remaining syrup over heat.
8) Cook to a soft-crack stage.
9) Pour into the egg white mix, beating till creamy.
10) Stir in the dates and nuts.
11) Transfer into the pan.
13) Serve as a snack.