|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Strawberry-flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chopped nuts/Candied red cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Mix sugar, corn syrup and water in a 2-quart glass casserole.
2. Cook uncovered in microwave oven to hard-ball stage (19 to 22 minutes at High).
3. Beat egg whites in the small bowl of an electric mixer until stiff, but not dry, peaks form. Beat in dry gelatin.
4. When syrup reaches hard-ball stage, pour in a thin stream over egg whites while beating constantly. Add vanilla extract and continue beating until mixture loses its gloss (about 8 minutes).
5. Spread in a lightly buttered 8-inch square dish or pan and cool until firm. Cut into 36 pieces.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4261 Calories from Fat 720
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.8%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g63.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1289.6 mg53.7%
Total Carbohydrates 897 g299%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.9%
Sugars 748.3 g
Protein 41 g82.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 24.8% Iron 0.62%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet