Quiche Lorraine - essentially a fancy sounding French name for what the Brits would call a bacon and egg pie! Still, the combination does produce an elegant dish that is at home for brunch, lunch or supper. Even better - you can make it ahead and even freeze it. Doesn't get much more versatile than that.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine eggs and cream either in a food processor or mix well with a whisk.
3. Put onion, drained of fat, in bottom of pie crust, top with bacon pieces.
4. Add cheese and pour in egg/cream mixture.
5. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes or until pie seems fairly firm when shaken.
6. Serve and Enjoy!