Kadhai Mushroom is a flavourful curry with a blend of various spices. You can enjoy this dish with naan, roti, rice or parantha. Kadhai dishes usually also include bell peppers. Although Kadhai referes to a kind of dish ( sort of Wok) in which the dish is made, you can prepare it in any panskillet that you have in your kitchen.
|Bell peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||3 Tablespoon (use as required)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried fenugreek leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Greek yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|To prepare kadhai masala/spice blend:|
|Green cardamom pods||6|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
1. In a wok, add oil. Let oil become hot and Fry bay leaf and cinnamon stick for 30 secs.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and onions. Mix well. Give a minute or two and add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder. Mix well. Cook until onions are no longer raw and change color.
3. Add tomatoes puree. Mix well. Cover and cook until tomatoes reduce in volume and no longer raw. This will take 4-5 mins on med heat.
4. Add mushrooms. Let them cook for another 2 mins and then bell peppers. We dont want peppers to wilt completely. They should maintain some of their crunch.
5. Add kadhai masala, Yogurt and fenugreek leaves.
6. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
7. Mix well and serve. Enjoy!