Creamy Cauliflower Soup
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Instant chicken bouillon||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated romano cheese||To Taste|
1. Remove outer leaves and core from cauliflower. Cut off any brown spots. Separate into flowerets.
2. Heat 2 cups water to boiling in a 3-quart saucepan. Add cauliflower, celery, onion, and lemon juice.
3. Cover saucepan with a lid that fits and heat to boiling. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Test for tenderness with a fork. Do not drain.
5. Place in a blender, cover, and pulse until it is of uniform consistency.
6. Heat butter in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat until melted.
7. Stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
8. Stir in 2 cups water. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in blended cauliflower mixture, instant bouillon, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Heat just to boiling.
9. Stir in whipping cream. Heat thoroughly, but do not boil. Ladle into large soup tureen.
10. Ladle each serving into a soup bowl and top with grated Romano cheese. Enjoy!
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.6 mg19.2%
Sodium 455.6 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 172.1%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet