Chicken dip is a dipping sauce made of chicken as one of the primary ingredients, besides others such as cream cheese, salad dressing and hot sauce. It is served as an accompaniment to snacks like crackers and veggies. The chicken dip recipe is a simple one and the dip can easily be prepared by usual kitchen leftovers in a very short time. Buffalo chicken dip, Mexican chicken dip and Hot chicken dip are some of the many versions of this delectable dip.
- Mexican Chicken Dip: The dip is made with southwestern chicken strips, refried beans, sour cream, ripe olives (sliced), tomato, salsa, cream cheese, shredded cheese and lime zest. The dip is made by combining the ingredients and refrigerating them for a few hours, after which they are topped with cheese, salsa, tomato and cilantro and served with tortilla chips.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip: This is a very popular dip which imitates closely the taste of a chicken dish called Buffalo Chicken Wings. It is made by baking boiled and shredded chicken with cream cheese, ranch dressing and hot sauce and a topping of celery. It is best served warm with crackers.
- Smoky Chicken Dip: This contains chopped smoked almonds, chopped celery, onion, mayonnaise, honey, salt, pepper and cooked and shredded chicken. All the ingredients are mixed well in a bowl and then covered and chilled for a couple of hours before serving with crackers.
- Hot Chicken Dip: This is a spicier variant of the dip which can be made by increasing the quantity of hot sauce used in the basic dip.
- Jalapeno Chicken Dip: The dip contains chopped Jalapeno peppers besides the other usual ingredients of chicken dip. The jalapenos are stirred in after the dip is ready, just before serving.
- Chicken Enchilada Dip: It is made with shredded chicken breast, green chili peppers, jalapeno pepper, mayonnaise, cream cheese and Cheddar cheese. It is made by mixing the ingredients and then baking them.
- Vegetarian Chicken Dip: This is a vegetarian imitation of the popular dip that uses vegetarian strips (like Morningstar Farms Chik'n Strips) instead of the chicken. Other ingredients remain much the same. A Buffalo Chicken Dip version of the same can be made by use of buffalo wing sauce. The delicious dip is enjoyed by vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
- Tomato and Green Chile Pepper Chicken Dip: This can be made by use of tomatoes (diced), green chili peppers, turkey chili and sour cream besides processed cheese and shredded cooked chicken. It is made by mixing the ingredients and heating till well blended. It is served warm.