Cabbage Dip Recipe Variations
Among several recipe variations of cabbage based dip, a few have been discussed hereunder:
- Tomato and cabbage dip- this dip is prepared by combining together tomato juice (obtained after mashing tomatoes), pepper, salt, and finely shredded cabbage. A variation suggests adding some minced jalapenos for little bit of spice. The dip is then refrigerated for around half an hour before serving.
- Corned beef and cabbage dip- cabbage is chopped coarsely and blended with mayonnaise, dried dill weed, chopped parsley, cooked and chopped corned beef, and sour cream. A recipe variation of this dip suggests adding seasonings and more herbs like celery and cilantro, if desired. The dip is refrigerated before serving.
- Shredded Cabbage and Tahini Dip- this is a creamy dip prepared by blending together tahini (sesame seeds paste), crushed garlic, lemon juice, and cold water. Salt is added as per the taste, and the dip is garnished with ground cumin after folding in shredded cabbage. It is recommended to soak shredded cabbage in ice-cold water for a few hours before using it in the dip, so as to maintain its crunchiness. Further, cabbage should be added to the dip in the last, to avoid the loss of its texture.
- Oriental cabbage dip- the recipe for this dip suggests combining together coleslaw dressing (made from mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, celery seeds, black pepper, salt, and seasoned salt), beef bouillon granules, sour cream, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce (liquid condiment made from onions, horseradish, molasses, corn syrup, and anchovy), coleslaw mix (mix of pre-shredded carrots and cabbage), sesame seeds, green onions, and water chestnuts. The dip is served chilled after garnishing it with shredded carrot and green onions.
Serving Cabbage Dips
- The dip can be served with rye and whole wheat crackers.
- The cabbage and tahini dip is popularly served with fish steaks (grilled).
- Cabbage dip can be served with pita chips and veggies.