Aubergine and Lumpflsh Puree
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Lumpfish||2 Tablespoon (Black Or Orange Roe)|
|Black pumpernickel||4 , cut into squares|
|Fresh chives||6 , chopped (For Garnish)|
1. Char the aubergine either by baking it whole in the oven, or putting it under a preheated grill. (If it is grilled it will need turning regularly.) The aubergine skin should be blistered and wrinkled and the flesh inside should be soft. Allow to cool.
2. Scoop out all the aubergine flesh and squeeze gently in a piece of clean muslin to get rid of any bitter juices. (Do not squeeze tightly.)
3. Blend the aubergine flesh to a puree in a liquidizer or food processor; add the yogurt, parsley, chives, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Blend once again until smooth.
4. Stir the sesame seeds into the puree; cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
5. Spoon the puree on to small plates; make a 'well' in each portion and fill with lumpfish roe.
6. Sprinkle each portion with chopped chives and serve with the pumpernickel squares.