Learn how to make Texas Caviar by Gennie the Genie. Happy New Year!
1 Large, chopped finely
2 Medium, seeded, chopped finely (red and green)
1 Clove (5 gm), minced
1 Medium, chopped finely
1 Medium, juiced
Black eyed peas
10 Ounce (1 can)
1 Medium, chopped
2 Tablespoon, minced
1 Dash (Optional)
1. In a pan, heat olive oil. Put the onions and bell peppers.
2. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for around 5 minutes till the onions begin to turn light brown.
3. Put the garlic and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes till fragrant.
4. Transfer it into a large bowl.
5. Add the black eyed peas, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, cayenne pepper and hot sauce (if using).
6. Put the lime juice and mix them well till all combined.
7. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours.
8. In a serving bowl or glass, serve the salsa, chilled and garnished with cilantro leaf, with nachos, chips or crunchy vegetables.