Green Chili Dip
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce|
|Solid packed tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
1. In a s saucepan, cook onion in the butter over medium heat, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
2. When onions are soft, stir in chilies, tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
3. Simmer the sauce until most of liquid has evaporated.
4. Add cheese, and continue stirring over low heat, until cheese is melted
5. Spoon into a dip bowl.
6. Serve hot with corn chips or with a variety of raw vegetables.