Barbecue Melted Cheese Dip
|Bread loaf||1 Large, cut into bite-size cubes|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Pound, shredded|
|Monterey jack cheese||1 Pound, shredded|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Chili salsa||8 Ounce (1 Jar)|
1) Take a napkin lined basket and place bread cubes in it. Place it near the grill.
2) Take a cast iron skillet and combine Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese in it.
3) Place skillet either on grill rack with medium-hot coals or on stove top over medium-low heat.
4) Stir using a wire whisk until cheese melts and mixture turns smooth.
5) Add chili salsa.
6) Let cheese dip remain on top of grill for keeping hot, stirring occasionally.
7) Have guests dip bread cubes in prepared cheese dip.
Calories 372 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.8%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72 mg24%
Sodium 583.9 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 15 g30.5%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C
Calcium 35.7% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet