Fried Cauliflower With Mustard Dip
|Cauliflower heads||2 Medium|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Cracker meal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
1. TO PREPARE MUSTARD SAUCE: In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, onion, mustard, vinegar and curry powder well. Chill for 2 to 3 hours.
2.TO PREPARE FRIED CAULIFLOWER: In running water, wash cauliflower, and break into flowerets.
3. In a wide mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, flour, salt, and pepper; stir until smooth.
4. One by one, dip flowerets in batter; dredge in cracker meal.
5. Deep fry in hot oil (375°) or until they turn golden brown.
5. Serve the fried cauliflower immediately with Mustard Dip.
Calories 731 Calories from Fat 412
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.7%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122 mg40.7%
Sodium 467.5 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet