Lemon Barbecue Dip
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Flour||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Sugar||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Dried thyme||1 Pinch|
|Tabasco sauce||2 Drop|
|Lemon||1 (use finely grated rind and juice)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
|Tomato ketchup||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
1. In a large pan, melt the butter and add the flour and the garlic and sautÃ© for a few minutes.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and cover and simmer for 10 minutes till done.
3. This dip can be frozen for later use by pouring this into a container. Label, seal and freeze for later use.
4. Serve the fresh dip at room temperature with hot cocktail sausages.
5. Remove the frozen dip and reheat with one tablespoon of hot water while stirring constantly with hot cocktail sausages.