|Lentils||4 Ounce, soaked in cold water overnight (100 gram)|
|Chilli powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled and chopped|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
1. In a large pan, drain the lentils and rinse them under running water
2. Put the lentils in a large pan with the spices, salt and pepper and cover with water
3. Bring this mixture to the boil, cover and simmer for one hour till the lentils are soft and have absorbed the liquid.
4. In another pan, heat the oil, add the tomatoes and the onions and fry gently till the onions are soft.
5. Add the lentils to the pan and mix well.
6. Transfer this to rigid container, label it and seal it for the freezer.
7. Serve the lentils chilled
8. If using the frozen lentils, remove from the freezer, thaw for four hours, serve chilled with carrots and celery sticks
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 784 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 427 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.4%
Dietary Fiber 41.7 g166.6%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 34 g67.2%
Vitamin A 49.9% Vitamin C 80%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 62.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet