|Milk chocolate/Semisweet chocolate - 24 ounces||24 Ounce (2 bars)|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cointreau||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Bananas||4 Medium, cut in 1-inch chunks|
|Angel food cake/2 pound cakes||1 , cut into cubes|
1) In the top of a double boiler, combine the chocolate and cream together.
2) Place the top over hot water and stir until the chocolate is melted and thoroughly blended with the cream.
3) Stir in the Cointreau and mix thoroughly
4) In a small pan or fondue pot, remove the mixture and place over a candle warmer or an electric food warmer.
5) In a serving platter, arrange the bananas and cake cubes along with some fondue forks and place the hot chocolate dip by the side.
6) Spear the banana or cake on a fork, swirl in the chocolate dip and serve immediately.
The chocolate dip may not be overheated, else it may scorch.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5783 Calories from Fat 2927
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 325 g500.4%
Saturated Fat 206 g1030.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 660.2 mg220.1%
Sodium 872.2 mg36.3%
Total Carbohydrates 597 g199%
Dietary Fiber 33.5 g134.1%
Sugars 464.7 g
Protein 59 g117.7%
Vitamin A 31.7% Vitamin C 58%
Calcium 150.6% Iron 94.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet