Beef Satay with Hot Peanut Dipping Sauce
|Seasoned rice wine vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Flank steak||2 Pound, trimmed of fat and thoroughly chilled|
|For hot peanut dipping sauce|
|Smooth peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large bowl, stir to combine vinegar, oil, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes until well blended.
2. Thinly slice chilled meat across the grain, at an angle.
3. In marinade place beef strips and refrigerate overnight.
4. In water soak bamboo skewers overnight.
5. In a food processor process all ingredientsfor sauce until well blended.
6. Transfer to a small bowl then cover and store at room temperature for few hours to allow flavors to blend.
7. Onto skewers, thread marinated beef strips and broil or grill about 4 inches from heat 5 to 6 minutes turning once after 3 minutes.
8. In the meantime, heat the peanut sauce if you like.
9. Serve Beef Satay warm with Hot Peanut Dipping Sauce.