Warm Bean Dip
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Canned red kidney beans||19 Ounce, drained (1 Can, 540 Milliliter)|
|Tomatoes||2 , chopped|
|Pickled jalapeno peppers||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Monterey jack cheese||6 Ounce, shredded to make 1 1/2 cups (150 Grams)|
|Fresh coriander/Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tortilla chips/Sliced raw vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In 8-cup (2 liter) casserole, combine oil, garlic and onion and microwave, uncovered, at High for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are softened, stirring once.
2. Stir in beans, tomatoes and jalapeno peppers, re-cover and microwave at High for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
3. Mash with potato masher, leaving a few coarse pieces and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Sprinkle with cheese; microwave, uncovered, at Medium (50%) for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
5. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with tortilla chips.