Toasted Tropical Fruit Kebabs With Hot Chocolate Dip
|Dark chocolate square||4 , broken into pieces|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|White rum||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Season the wooden skewers by soaking them in tepid water for 30 minutes.
2. Peel the mangos and dice into large pieces. Place on a platter.
3. Cut papaya into half, scoop out the seeds and cut the flesh into large dices, discarding the peel. Arrange on a platter.
4. Pare the kiwi fruit, and dice. Arrange on a platter.
5. Peel the pineapple, core and dice into similar size chunks as remaining fruits.
6. Peel and cut banana into large pieces, immediately adding to a bowl and sprinkling with lemon juice to prevent browning.
7. Prepare the barbecue before cooking.
8. To make the dip, in a small heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the chocolate pieces with the remaining dip ingredients.
9. Place the pan on a low heat and melt the chocolate, stirring constantly until the ingredients are well blended into a smooth and thick sauce.
10. Transfer the sauce on one side of the barbecue to keep the dip warm.
11. On the seasoned skewers, thread the all the fruit alternately and dividing them equally.
12. Arrange them in a shallow glass dish and spoon the rum over each.
13. Let them stand to absorb the alcohol for about 30 minutes or until ready to barbecue.
14. Grill the fruit kebabs over barbecue for 2 minutes, turning often, until caramelized equally on all sides.
15. Arrange one skewer per dessert plate.
16. Drizzle with hot chocolate dip and serve immediately with remaining dip on the side.