Potato Skins with Soured Cream Dip
|Baking potatoes||4 Large, scrubbed and dried|
|Soured cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Snipped fresh chives||1 Teaspoon|
|Sunflower oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Snipped chives||2 (To Garnish)|
|Coarse sea salt||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to 200°C /400°F/ Gas Mark 6.
2. Using a fork, prick the potatoes and bake in the preheated oven for about 1 ¼ hours such that tender.
3. For making the dip, mix sour cream with chives in a bowl, season as per taste and let it chill.
4. Let the cooked potatoes cool for a few minutes and quarter each one lengthways.
5. Make hollows in the quarter by scooping out most of the flesh leaving a thin layer next to the skin and keep aside the scooped potato flesh.
6. In a frying pan with depth of 7 cm / 3 inches heat oil to 180-190°C (350-375°F) or such that a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds.
7. To the hot oil add potato skins carefully and fry for about 2 minutes such that they are brown and crisp.
8. On a kitchen paper place the fried potatoes removed from the oil.
9. To serve arrange the potatoes on a plate along with the dip garnished with chives in the middle.