Developed for Redwood Hill and Green Valley Organics Lactose Free by Chef Billy Brigsten.
Based in New York, Chef Brigsten specializes in creating menus for restaurants and private
clients that are free of allergens and full of things people love to eat.
Gluten free all purpose flour
2 Cup (32 tbs)
2 Tablespoon (Green Valley Organics Lactose Free)
2 Pint (Green Valley Organics Lactose Free)
1 Pint (Redwoodhills Farm)
Syrup of maple
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
For Yogurt Cheese Pierogi with Shaved Beet
To make the pierogi:
1. In a bowl, pour the flour and make a well in the middle.
2. Blend the rest of the ingredients together and pour them into the well, stirring and gradually incorporating the flour into the wet ingredients.
3. Bring it all together and form into a ball, kneading for just a few minutes.
4. Wrap it and let it rest for 5 minutes.
5. With a rolling pin, roll the dough out on a lightly floured tabletop. Roll the dough out to a thickness of about 1/8 inch and cut out rounds with a glass or other appropriate mold.
6. Brush a bit of water around the perimeter of the cut pieces and place a scant tablespoon of yogurt cheese in the middle and fold it over to make a half moon.
7. Boil in salted water for approx. 5 minutes.
Set cooked pierogi atop the following salad:
For Double Dip Ice Cream
Following the instructions to your home model ice cream machine, this will produce a wonderful ice cream.
For those who are allergic to lactose, here is a video that shares a delightful treat for you. Look at this video that shares great information about lactose free products making it interesting to watch. Take a look as it shares two lactose free delicacies too.