Pleasing Pea Tomato Dip
|Peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, cover the peas with just enough water and boil them on a medium flame, for 5 minutes or until they are soft but not mushy. Drain the peas and allow them to cool to room temperature.
2. Wash and roughly chop the tomatoes. Do not discard the pulp.
3. In a food processor or blender jar with the whipping blade attached, combine the soft and cooled peas, chopped tomatoes, kelp, tamari and Spike seasoning.
4. Place the lid on top and pulse the mixture in 3 or 4 bursts to blend the ingredients well to form a thick and smooth paste.
5. Use this as a dip and serve with crackers, toasted pita bread, tortilla chips or vegetable sticks.
6. You can also use it as a spread or topping.