Carnival Crawfish Dip
|Peeled crawfish tails/Peeled and deveined shrimp||2 Pound (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Sliced green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||24 Ounce|
|Garlic/2 teaspoons garlic powder||8 Clove (40 gm), minced|
|Ground red pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (If Using Fresh Crawfish)|
|Assorted crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Thaw crawfish, if frozen
2. Drain, reserving the liquid.
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine
4. Sauté the onions in butter until soft and transparent.
5. Add drained crawfish and sauté for 10 minutes or until tender.
6. Flake large pieces of crawfish with the spoon.
7. Stir in cheese, garlic, red pepper, pepper, and salt.
8. Add sufficient crawfish liquid or chicken broth to adjust the consistency.
9. Allow to simmer until hot.
10. Serve dip warm with assorted crackers.