Sweet Onion Dip is a wonderful dip with the sweet onions, shallots, scallion, chives, mayonnaise, sour cream, olive oil and butter. This dip is a common condiment for many types of food and areadd flavour to a food, such as pita bread, dumplings, crackers, raw vegetables, seafood and cheese, potato chips and tortilla chips. Try out and enjoy!!
3 Large, thinly sliced (such as oso sweets,vidalia or maui maui)
2 , chopped finely
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Salt and pepper
1) Start by caramelizing the onions. Saute the onions in olive oil and garlic, use olive oil.
2) When the onions are wilted and softened add the shallots. Continue to carmelize for about 8-10 minutes. The onions should be golden brown. Add more olive oil if necessary.
3) Transfer to a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the scallions and chives.
4) Add mayo and sour cream and mix thoroughly and let set in the refrigreator for about ½ hour.
5) Correct for salt and pepper and mix well.
6) Serve with some bread sticks or chips and enjoy!
Forget about those jars of sweet onion dip that are available on supermarket shelves. This recipe is the quintessential sweet onion dip. It is outrageous and the perfect match for salty crispy potato chips and crackers! This dip is what you should be making for your tailgating parties! With the caramelized sweet onions, shallots, scallion, chives, mayonnaise, sour cream and butter, this isn’t completely healthy but then what’s the point of serving a healthy dip with potato chips? When the sweet and salty fl