Broccoli Cheese Dip
|Chopped celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Margarine||5 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon Tub)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Low fat cheese||1 Pound, cubed|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Frozen chopped broccoli||10 Ounce, cooked, drained (1 Package)|
|Red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Saute celery, onion, and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon margarine. Set aside.
2. Melt 1/4 cup margarine in a separate saucepan. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in flour until smooth.
4. Add milk all at once and heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is thick.
5. Add cubed low-fat cheese to white sauce a little at a time, stirring until thoroughly melted.
6. Stir in remaining ingredients.
7. Pour into a chafing dish to serve hot, or refrigerate and serve cold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2242 Calories from Fat 1270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 142 g218.2%
Saturated Fat 61.1 g305.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 295 mg98.3%
Sodium 3406.1 mg141.9%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.7%
Sugars 48.5 g
Protein 147 g294.8%
Vitamin A 283.4% Vitamin C 471.9%
Calcium 319.7% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet