Just in time for the holidays, Chef Maxwell has a tasty treat - spinach and Virginia peanut cheese dip adapted from an African dish.
2 Pound, washed, blanched, squeezed and chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped
1 Teaspoon, chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dry roasted
Mascarpone cheese/Or other soft cheese
Salt and pepper
1 Teaspoon (to taste)
1 Tablespoon, finely chopped
1. In a pan on medium high, melt butter, sweat the onions for a few seconds until transparent.
2. Pour in the coconut milk, mascarpone cheese, mix well and whisk until the cheese melts on medium low heat.
3. Add jalapenos, peanuts and mix well. Let this simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the spinach leaves and mix well.
5. Season it with salt and pepper to taste. Switch off the heat and get ready to serve.
6. Serve this spinach-coconut milk and cheese dip garnished with green onions and served warm with tortilla chips.
Holidays are around the corner, so why not make a tasty treat to make them special. See this excellent video which shares an amazing African dip recipe. The video is impressive and great way to make a flavorful spinach, peanut and cheese dip. Prepare this dip and surprise your friends with this delicious cheesy treat.