Deep Fried Battered Fish With Fenugreek Dip
|Gram flour/All propose flour||4 Ounce (125 Gram Or 1 Cup)|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Brown mustard seeds||4 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter/2/3 Cup)|
|Plaice fillets||1 Pound, skinned, and cut into 1.5 cm / 1/2 inch strips (500 Gram)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter/ 1 1/4 Cup For Frying)|
|Yogurt||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter/2/3 Cup)|
|Fenugreek||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon (Paste)|
1. Slft the flour into a bowl and add the garam masala and mustard seeds. Make a well in the centre and gradually add the eggs, 1 tablespoon of oil and enough coconut milk to make a batter which has the consistency of thick cream.
2. Coat the strips of fish in the batter and set aside.
3. To make the fenugreek dip, put the yogurt, fenugreek, garam masala and tomato puree (paste) into a bowl and mix together.
4. Heat the oil in a Balti pan or wok. Add the fish in batches so the pan is not crowded, and deep-fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Transfer the fish on to paper towels to drain then keep warm in a low oven while you cook the rest of the fish.
5. Serve the fish hot with lemon wedges and the dip.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3794 Calories from Fat 2832
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 322 g496.1%
Saturated Fat 72.2 g360.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 438.6 mg146.2%
Sodium 1621 mg67.5%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.5%
Dietary Fiber 23 g91.9%
Sugars 23.8 g
Protein 131 g261.8%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 47.7% Iron 111%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet