Creamy Artichoke and White Bean Dip
|Cooked white beans/1 15 ounce can of white beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), or canned, rinsed and drained (Navy, Cannellini Or Great Northern)|
|Artichokes/1 15 ounce can||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), rinsed and drained|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon (From The Rind Of The Lemon)|
|Lemon zest||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon, to drizzle on top|
1. Wash the lemon.
2. Using a micro plane or very fine grater, gently scrape the outer yellow peel off the lemon.
3. In a food processor, put together beans, artichokes, lemon juice and zest and salt.
4. Process and though the feeder, slowly pour in the vegetable stock in until it is smooth and creamy.
5. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the parsley.
6. Top with olive oil if desired.
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.4%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 403.7 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet