Guacamole tastes great but has lots of fat so we bring you a Low Fat Guacamole recipe that tastes as good as the fatty guacamole. Check out the video and find out the secret. Enjoy your Low Fat Guacamole within a day for that fresh taste or cover and refrigerate for a day.
|Green peas/Canned green peas, rinsed and drained||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salsa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||1 , thinly sliced|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , minced|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon , ground|
1. Thaw frozen peas if used.
2. Lengthwise cut the avocado in half and twist to separate the halves.
3. Discard the pit and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
4. For chunky guacamole, mash the avocado and peas together using a potato masher or fork.
5. For a creamier texture, combine the avocado and peas a food processor.
6. Add the salsa, lemon juice, optional green onion, garlic, and cumin and stir or process until well combined.
7. Mix in the cilantro at the end.
8. Season with salt taste.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 532Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.6%
Saturated Fat 4.65 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1154.5 mg48.1%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.57 g90%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 50.5% Vitamin C 193.1%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 32.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet