Chilled Salmon with Dill Sauce
|Canned chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce, undiluted (1 Can)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salmon steaks||2 (3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Commercial sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peeled seeded and thinly sliced cucumber||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried whole dill weed||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In a fish poacher or large skillet bring to a boil combining the first 3 ingredients and add salmon.
2. Cover reducing heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
3. Reserve 1 tablespoon poaching liquid and set aside.
4. Refrigerate salmon in poaching liquid until thoroughly chilled.
5. In a bowl combine 1 tablespoon reserved liquid with sour cream, cucumber and dill-weed, mixing well and chill.
6. Remove salmon from poaching liquid and drain on paper towels.
7. Serve salmon with dill sauce and garnishing with lemon.
Calories 363 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.5 mg32.5%
Sodium 140.5 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 34 g68.3%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 19.5%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet