Chilled Salmon With Dill Sauce
|Canned chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce, undiluted (1 Can)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salmon steaks||2 (3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Commercial sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peeled seeded and thinly sliced cucumber||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried whole dill weed||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In a fish poacher or large skillet bring to a boil combining the first 3 ingredients and add salmon.
2. Cover reducing heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
3. Reserve 1 tablespoon poaching liquid and set aside.
4. Refrigerate salmon in poaching liquid until thoroughly chilled.
5. In a bowl combine 1 tablespoon reserved liquid with sour cream, cucumber and dill-weed, mixing well and chill.
6. Remove salmon from poaching liquid and drain on paper towels.
7. Serve salmon with dill sauce and garnishing with lemon.