Vegetables With Dill
|Small whole onions||1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Small new potatoes||1 Pound, cubed|
|Carrots||6 , peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dill weed/2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Use a Dutch oven or heavy, large saucepan to spray with butter-flavor vegetable cooking spray.
2) Add onions to sauté until lightly browned.
3) Gradually add other ingredients leaving the peas.
4) Increase heat to start boiling.
5) Reduce heat and allow simmering by putting a cover for 30 to 45 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
6) Add peas and cook another 5 minutes longer.
7) Serve the vegetables at once, by garnishing with fresh dill, if required.
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.41 g0.63%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 461.1 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 320.8% Vitamin C 30.5%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet