Courgette And Dill Tart
|Sunflower oil||15 Milliliter (1 tbsp)|
|Courgettes||3 , thinly sliced (zucchini)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml /2/3 cup, heavy)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Finely chopped fresh dill||15 Milliliter (1 tbsp)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Wholemeal flour||4 Ounce (115 g /1 cup, whole-wheat)|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce (115 g /1 cup, self-rising)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, chilled and diced (115 g /1/2 cup)|
|Water||75 Milliliter (5 tbsp)|
1. To make the pastry, sift the flours into a bowl, tipping the bran into the bowl, then place in a food processor. Add the salt and diced butter and process using the pulse button until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. With the motor running, gradually add the water until the mixture forms a dough. Do not over-process. Wrap the pastry and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6 and grease a 20cm/8in flan tin (quiche pan).
4. Roll out the pastry and ease it into the tin. Prick the base, trim the edges and bake blind for 10-15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the courgettes and saute for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Mix the egg yolks, cream, garlic and dill in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Line the pastry case with courgettes and pour over the cream mixture. Return to the oven for 25-30 minutes and bake until firm. Cool the pie in the tin, then remove and serve.