Rosacea diet is a balanced diet incorporating foods to treat the skin condition "Rosacea." According to an estimate, more than 45,000,000 people across the globe suffer from Rosacea. Rosacea is a skin condition which affects the cheeks, chin, forehead, and eye. Its symptoms may vary from clustering of blood vessels, acne, skin eruptions, and redness of nose. The severity of the disease can be curbed with foods which contain enzymes to tackle the regular rosacea markers. It has been observed that mostly a glass of fresh vegetable juice can bring much desired relief than anything else because it is abundant in nutrients that can destroy the rosacea markers at one go.
Rosacea Diet: Trigger Foods to Avoid
The foods that trigger the condition in one victim may not affect the other. There are some common foods that can trigger the condition of Rosacea in most people and they are:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is abundant source of cocoa which can lead to the dilation of blood vessels that are present on the face. Also, many people have complained about the outbreak of Rosacea after eating chocolates.
- Hot Drinks and Foods: They also act as an active rosacea markers because this condition is normally aggravated by the temperature. The blood vessels on the face dilate with the increase in temperature, and it may immediately lead to red flushes.
- Soy Sauce: Soy sauce is another irritant because it can easily induce the dilation of blood vessels and lead to flushing.
- Artificial Sweeteners, Food Colorings, and Preservatives: Most patients have complained of increased uneasiness after consuming foods that are laced with artificial flavoring agents and preservatives. The prime reason is that these foods are loaded with chemicals which increase acidity and lead to the outbreak of symptoms. Almost 30% of the sufferers have reported red and painful flushing after consuming the NutraSweet as well as Aspartame which are artificial sweeteners. Researchers say that sugar spiking is one of the prime reasons of rosacea.
Rosacea Diet: Foods to Eat
Nutritionists say that outbreak of rosacea can only be curbed with the help of alkaline foods. The alkaline foods help to balance the acidic constitution of the skin which is the main cause of rosacea. Some such Rosacea diet foods are:
- Berries: Berries like blueberries, cherries, and blackberries are usually recommended because they are vascular constrictors and aid in curbing the markers causing redness.
- Tofu: This is an abundant source of protein and it is generally recommended for its cooling properties.
- Seaweed: It is good for skin nourishment and also aids in eliminating the dampness of skin.