John Abraham Diet
John Abraham Diet consists of the dietary regimen followed by popular film-actor, John Abraham and hence named after him. He is one actor who has always been known for his dedication and strong commitment to health and fitness. By employing the mind control technique, he has developed an intense training and diet program to build a physique that is the envy of one and all today. Flexibility and weight training along with cardio workouts feature as part of his training regime. The diet must include the right amounts of all the correct nutrients in order aid in muscle building.
Features of John Abraham Diet
It is essentially a high protein, low carbohydrate diet that John has been continuing since the past several years.
- This diet restricts intake of simple carbohydrates that have a weight enhancing effect. Simple sugars are totally eliminated from the diet.
- The John Abraham Diet encourages a predominantly vegetarian approach including plenty of pulses, legumes, beans, dairy products and soya products to provide healthy vegetarian protein sources.
- However in order to improve protein intake lean white meat, fish and eggs may be included. These are high quality protein sources in order to be able to meet the high protein needs.
- A prime focus of this diet is the consumption of low cholesterol foods. This is precisely the reason why red meats are totally eliminated from this diet.
- High intake of complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat, brown rice, oatmeal, multi-grain or whole wheat breads etc., can provide a sense of satisfaction if eaten in limited quantities while providing energy and fiber to the diet. These also aid in protein intake.
- Nuts and seeds add not only to the protein intake but also provide healthy fats as well as essential vitamins and minerals. Including almonds, walnuts, groundnuts and flaxseed, pumpkin seeds is suggested in this diet.
- Selective fats such as olive oil are included in limited amounts.
Meal Plan of John Abraham Diet
- Breakfast forms a vital part of this dietary regimen. A protein-centric breakfast consisting of up to 6 whites of eggs, 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread, 8-10 almonds and a glass of seasonal fruit juice with no added sugar.
- Green tea or lemon tea can be consumed 2-3 times during the course of the day.
- Lunch is normally very simple, consisting of whole wheat flour chapattis, mixed vegetables stir fried with minimal oil, yellow dal, green leafy vegetable like spinach or methi along with a fresh veggie salad.
- Dinner is also similar to lunch but is kept light.
- Pre and post workout snacks include healthy soups or tofu / protein based snacks.
- Plenty of fluids need to be included to keep the body well hydrated.
Benefits of John Abraham Diet
- Beginning the day with a substantial protein-rich breakfast provides sufficient energy to sustain oneself through the day. Also proteins provide the feeling of satiety so one does not resort to mindless snacking.
- Small frequent meals serve the purpose of keeping light and yet being satisfied. It helps improve the body’s metabolism and keeps up energy levels.
- Sufficient nutrient intake following an intense workout is a must to restore body’s resources.
- Adequate fluid and electrolyte intake helps in ensuring proper hydration.
A great amount of discipline, self-control and focus needs to be implemented in following such a stringent diet and workout regimen.