A Dizziness Diet is indicated for patients who experience bouts of dizziness. However, it might not be possible to control dizziness completely with a Dizziness Diet.
Scientific Facts Related to the Dizziness Diet
Low blood sugar levels are primarily responsible for dizziness spells. Due to the fall in blood sugar, the brain tends to get sluggish resulting in dizzy spells. However, there can be a range of other medical conditions and nutritional deficiencies that can all cause dizziness.
Characteristics of the Dizziness Diet
It is recommended that patients get a complete physical and mental check done by an expert physician to rule out underlying mental conditions. Fluctuating blood sugar levels in diabetes, high blood pressure, anemia, thyroid problems etc can all cause dizziness.
- It is recommended that patients follow the medications that are indicated by physicians before starting any kind of dizziness diet. Controlling any existing underlying disease will inevitably bring the dizziness under control
- If the patient has been taking herbs and naturopathic medications, dizziness can be a side effect of the pills. It is recommended that all naturopathic medications be checked for ingredients that might be causing the dizziness.
- Low-carb diets are extremely popular for weight loss but they may cause dizziness. However, this effect may vary from patient to patient. Low-carb diets can cause high amounts of keto acids to accumulate in the blood resulting in dizziness.
Dietary Recommendations for the Dizziness Diet
- It is recommended that patients increase the level of vitamins and minerals in their diet to increase overall health. A deficiency of Vitamin B or niacin in particular can show up as dizziness
- Increased intake of potassium and iron can prove beneficial too.
- Small regular meals spread out over the day can be beneficial to the patient.
Contraindications for the Dizziness Diet
- It is recommended that patients decrease the amount of high fat food, and salt in their diet.
- It is also recommended that patients decrease the levels of coffee, tea, alcohol and other drugs in their diet.
Please Note: Constant dizziness may be a sign of serious medical conditions. It is advisable to consult a physician for a complete medical evaluation for the same.