Orange Date Cookies
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Land O Lakes Brand)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes Brand)|
|Orange juice||5 Tablespoon|
1) Heat oven to 350°.
2) In a 3-quart saucepan, add together sugar, 3/4 cup butter, water and dates.
3) While stirring, gently cook the dates for 5 to 8 minutes till soft.
4) Take off the heat and cool for 15 minutes.
5) Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well with hand.
6) Onto cookie sheets, drop the mix by tablespoonfuls, placing them 2 inches apart.
7) Place in oven for 12 to 14 minutes, till the edges appear lightly browned.
8) Allow to completely cool.
9) In a small bowl, keeping aside the orange juice, add together all the ingredients for the frosting.
10) Slowly beat ensuring to scrape the bowl often.
11) Slowly add in orange juice till you achieve the desired consistency.
12) Cool and then frost the cookies.
13) Serve Orange Date Cookies as a tea time snack.