Orange Date Cookies
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into pieces|
|Flaked unsweetened coconut||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Dates||9 , quartered|
1) Heat oven to 350°F
2) Use vegetable spray over 2 baking sheets.
3) In a bowl, combine whole wheat flour, unbleached white flour, and baking powder and beat well.
4) Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter and work till the mix appears crumbly.
5) Add in the coconut.
6) In a bowl, mix orange juice, honey and extracts and stir into the flour mixture.
7) Add and mix in the egg.
8) Using a spoon, scoop and drop the batter onto the baking sheets.
9) Top each scoop with a piece of date.
10) Place on middle shelf and bake each batch for 10 minutes.
11) Place on wire rack to cool.
12) Sprinkle with sugar powder and serve.