Figs And Dates With Whipped Yogurt
|Nonfat yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh figs||16 , halved|
|Dates||12 , pitted and quartered lengthwise|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
1) In a colander, lined with cheesecloth, drain the yogurt for 40 minutes. (For firmer cheese, you can drain the yogurt longer.)
2) In a large bowl, combine the figs, dates, apple juice and walnuts. Toss well and let the mixture marinate for 30 minutes.
3) To a medium sized bowl, transfer the yogurt.
4) To this, with a hand-held electric mixer, whip in the honey.
5) Into dessert bowls or goblets, spoon the fig mixture evenly.
6) With a spoonful of yogurt, top each serving.
7) Serve immediately as a dessert.