|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Dates||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), pitted and cut in small pieces|
|Rhubarb sauce||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), drained (Unsweetened)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a bowl, beat the eggs with a rotary beater until thick and pale, then gradually beat in the sugar.
3) In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients together, then stir into the egg mixture.
4) Blend in the remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined.
5) In a greased 8-inch square pan lined with a waxed paper at the bottom, pour and evenly spread the mixture.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
7) Turn out on a wire rack immediately and peel off the waxed paper.
8) Slice into squares and dust with the powdered sugar.
9) Serve immediately or store in an airtight container and serve, when desired.