Date Nut Swirls
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (250 Grams)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pitted dates||20 , sliced|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crushed nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 375Â°F (190Â°C).
2) Take a saucepan and place all the ingredients for filling in it.
3) Allow it to boil then lower heat, simmering for 5 minutes before cooling it.
4) Take a bowl, add the sugar, and butter creaming them together until they turn fluffy and light.
5) Add the eggs to beat, beating them well.
6) Add the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon to the mixture sifting them together.
7) Divide the dough into two equal parts.
8) Take a board and sprinkle flour on it.
9) Roll out each half of the dough in a rectangular shape.
10) Roll each half after spreading each with filling.
11) Wrap the rolls in wax paper and place in refrigerator for some hours.
12) Cut the roll into thin slices.
13) Take a cookie sheet and butter it.
14) Place inside a pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes approximately.
15) Serve as required.