Chocolate Covered Dates
|Dates||10 Ounce (1 Box)|
|Almond paste||2 Ounce|
|Sweet cooking chocolate||4 Ounce|
|Cocktail cherries||2 Tablespoon|
|Shelled walnuts||3 Tablespoon|
1. Take a large bowl, sift on confectioners' sugar.
2. Add superfine sugar along with almonds and mix well.
3. Stir in lemon juice along with 2 to 3 drops almond extract.
4. Slowly add beaten egg and using fingers or a wooden spoon, stir the mixture to a firm, manageable dough.
5. Transfer to a lightly floured surface, knead and roll out.
6. Keep aside uncooked almond paste till used.
7. Using a small sharp knife, make a slit and deseed the dates.
8. Using uncooked almond paste, stuff dates and seal again.
9. Take a bowl, add chocolate. Place on a pan containing hot water and melt the chocolate.
10. Using two forks, dip stuffed dates in the melted chocolate.
11. Keep immersed till dates are evenly coated. Remove excess chocolate brushing off.
12. Arrange on waxed paper and allow to dry.
13. When the chocolate-covered dates are partially dry, garnish with shelled walnut pieces or halved well-drained cocktail cherries.
14. Allow to dry thoroughly.
15. Serve instantly.